Senior Software Engineer (Backend and Data Science/ML)
Important note for recruiters or agencies: we source and hire directly. Please do not contact us
The future of mobility is shared! Poppy is Belgium’s leading shared mobility service, offering over 3000 cars, vans, e-bikes, and e -scooters in 6 Belgian cities. We are a young, ambitious, fast-growing team dedicated to improving the quality of life in our cities.
By joining our Product Engineering Team, you will get to touch many technologies in a high-volume environment: IoT, geospatial data, Big data, Machine Learning, Mobile Apps, and APIs.
Poppy's company culture favors ownership and motivation above all. We don't have PMs, POs, or any middle management. Everybody codes and each one of us wears multiple hats. We only have one mandatory weekly meeting and no daily standups.
Everyone on the team is close to the customers, with no gatekeepers. Our engineers are not code monkeys or ticket takers; they help shape the roadmap and decide what to work on.
- Google Cloud Platform
- SQL, NoSQL, and time-series databases
- Node.js backend
- React and React Native apps
- 100% Typescript
- Contribute to the design and architecture of our services
- Help scale the Poppy services and build out new features
- Help to extend our Machine Learning and Business Intelligence initiatives
- Work together with your colleagues across several departments
- Commitment to sharing experiences and good development practices with the community
- Invent and suggest improvements to the Poppy services
- 5+ years in designing, developing, delivering, and scaling modern web applications
- Knowledge of at least one programming language like JS, Typescript, Python, Java, C#, Golang, etc.
- Knowledge of SQL
- Comfortable working in a Node.js environment
- Basic Linux command line
- Experience with BigQuery, Business intelligence, ELT processes
- Living in or near one of our operating cities is a big plus (eat your own dogfood ;) )
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience working with container-based applications
- Experience with unit testing and e2e testing frameworks
- Experience with geospatial data and algorithms
- Knowledgeable and mindful of internet security best-practices
- Experience with API-driven development
- An open-source profile (such as Github) with some exciting projects
What's it like working at Poppy?
- You’ll help us shape the future of mobility.
- Rewarding work, knowing you’re working on something that will have a great impact on people’s lives in the near future.
- Get it done—zero bureaucracy. Make a direct impact.
- Work together with passionate people who put the team before ego.
- A sane mix of remote and on-site presence
Feel overwhelmed by the requirements?
Don't be; we prefer motivation above experience. As long as you have the correct can-do mindset you can't go wrong
Full-time or 4 days a week